I found an old coffee can filled with old recipes that my great-grandmother used from the 1920's through the 1970's. While I have yet to actually try any, I hope to this coming summer, as there are a LOT of recipes for preserves. Some of these recipes are handwritten, and many are torn from newspapers and magazines. Please enjoy, and let me know if you try any!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Golden Salad Supreme

This is the best salad I've ever tasted and I've eaten salads a-plenty! Mix together lightly, 3 oranges, diced; 1 apple, diced; 2 bananas, diced; 1 cup crushed pineapple, 1/2 pound marshmallows, 1/2 cup English walnuts, 1 cup maraschino cherries with juice. Chill in the refrigerator and when ready to serve, mix into this whipped cream and mayonnage mixed together to suit taste. Swell? You betcha!

Oh-Pal
Nebraska

No comments: