I found an old coffee can filled with old recipes that my great-grandmother used from the 1920's through the 1970's. While I have yet to actually try any, I hope to this coming summer, as there are a LOT of recipes for preserves. Some of these recipes are handwritten, and many are torn from newspapers and magazines. Please enjoy, and let me know if you try any!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coconut Drop Cookies

A "hit-the-spot" cookie! Sift together three times 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Into mixing bowl put 1 egg and beat well; add 1 teaspoon orange extract or 1 teaspoon orange juice, grated rind of 1/2 lemon, 1 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup golden table syrup, and 1/4 cup melted shortening. Blen well, and drop by teaspoonfuls on a well-oiled pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. 12 to 15 minutes.

H.L.L.
Iowa

No comments: